Acer Inc., (of 8F, No. 88, Section 1, Xin Tai 5th Road, Xizhi, New Taipei City 221, Taiwan, R.O.C.) and Acer Europe SA (having its registered address at Via della Posta 28, 6934 Bioggio, Switzerland), together with their European affiliates (hereinafter “Acer” or “We”) are committed to protecting your personal data when you browse the website https://store.acer.com/en-ie/ (hereinafter the “Website”).
The data controller
The data controller for the processing of said data is Acer Europe SA (having its registered address at Via della Posta 28, 6934 Bioggio, Switzerland). The designated EU Representative of the data controller is:
Asplex sp z.o.o,
ul. Graniczna 8 D-E,
54-610 Wroclaw, Poland
Telephone number: +48(0)3717601020
E-mail address: Privacy.Officer@acer.com
Personal data we process
We obtain personal data which you disclose to us. We request personal data when you make purchases in the Website, create an account with us or sign up to receive news of special offers, events and product updates. The personal data we request from you include your name, address, telephone numbers, date of birth, email address, gender, billing and purchase data and, upon your express consent, your consumer preferences and habits. The conferral of your personal data is needed for the conclusion of the contract of sale of Acer products.
Moreover, when you visit our Website, we automatically collect some information from your device, whose transmission is implicit in the communication protocols of the Internet. This information is not collected with the aim to be associated with specific individuals, but their nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, identify users. This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of computers used by users connecting to the Website, URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) of requested resources, time of request, the method used to submit the request to the server and other parameters regarding the operating system and computer environment of the visitor.
Our website may also use a website recording service which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with any third parties.
Purposes of the processing
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to administer any orders that you have placed;to register and manage your account(s);
- to provide you with the needed assistance;
- to run and co-ordinate promotional events and activations;
- to respond to any queries or provide you with information, products or services that you request;
- to administer our Website and to prevent or detect fraud, or abuses of the latter;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- to conduct research and analysis.
Where you have consented, we also Process your Personal Data to send you information on:
- product launches;
- special offers, sales and promotional information;
- in-store and other events;
Please note that we also link personal data submitted by you on our Website with other personal data about you that Acer may have obtained via other means, for example personal data collected during your interactions with social media, third party apps or other similar technologies.
Communication to third parties
Acer does not sell your personal data. Only duly authorized persons within our organization will have access to your personal data to the extent necessary for the above mentioned purposes.
We do share also your personal data with:
- ModusLink, for the conclusion of purchases;
- third party service provider and Acer affiliates, who process your personal data in accordance with the purposes set out above, acting as our data processor, if needed, or for the purposes to which you have consented;
- where you have consented, with other businessess who may contact you about their products/services that may interest you.
Furthermore, we will also disclose your personal data to third parties where this is necessary or required:
- to protect the security or integrity of our databases or our Website;
- in the context of legal proceedings (for example relating to the distribution of counterfeit or unauthorised products) and to take precautions against legal liability; and
- in the event of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganisation, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event and / or to a potential or actual successor to us.
We may also disclose your personal data to the judicial authority in case we are required to do so by the applicable legislation in force or following motivated request from the authorities of your Country.
In case we would like to share your Personal Data with third parties, other than those described above, we will request your consent.
Transfer of your personal data
As Acer is a global company, your personal data may be transferred outside of the Country from which they were collected and may be shared both intra-group as well as with third parties located in other jurisdictions, including those outside the territory of the European Union.
The subjects to whom the data refer have the right to obtain, at any time, confirmation of the existence of the data and to know their content and origin, check their accuracy or request their integration, updating or rectification. Users have the right to request cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or block the processing of data carried out in violation of the law, and oppose in any case, for legitimate reasons.
Please note that if you withdraw certain consents, you may not be able to use all the functions of the Website or other websites or online services.
To exercise any applicable data protection rights, please address your requests or any queries or complaints to Acer Europe SA (having its registered address at Via della Posta 28, 6934 Bioggio, Switzerland.